2013 Annual Fall Conference
A Weekend Dedicated to Dr. Deming
“There is no substitute for knowledge…” W. Edwards Deming
Mark Your Calendar
Out of the Crisis - New Thinking for a Sustainable World
The W. Edwards Deming Institute® and Purdue University present a weekend conference sharing the ideas of Dr. Deming and their connection to the critical concept of sustainability.
Top leaders and educators will explore the theories of Dr. Deming in the current context of businesses, organizations and communities and share the innovative thinking vital to creating a sustainable world.
This energizing and interactive conference will provide an opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with speakers, Deming family members, and other attendees currently using Deming's teachings in their organizations. You'll come away enthused and inspired!
Who should attend Institute conferences are open to all -- practitioners, students, executives, administrators, managers, educators, and individual contributors -- across business, government, education, and communities.
Scholarships Student Scholarships Conference scholarships are available for active students. The scholarships cover $200 of the student registration fee.
Named Scholarships Three named scholarships are available for conference registration fees and travel/lodging for out of town events. The maximum award is $1,200. To be eligible, you must demonstrate an interest in the teachings of Dr. Deming and have a background suitable to the event for which you are seeking scholarship support. Applicants must complete the online application form by September 20, 2013. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Lola S. Deming Scholarship
- Pluma Irene Scholarship
- Dorothy Deming Scholarship
Scholarship Application Process To apply for a scholarship, complete and submit the online application form. You will receive an email advising you of the status of your request once the Scholarship Committee has reviewed your application.
Student Scholarship Application form
If you have questions about the Scholarship Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recording Consent Photographs and/or video may be taken during the course of The W. Edwards Deming Institute® Fall Conference 2013. By registering I give my permission and consent to The W. Edwards Deming Institute® to use my name, comments, photo or video to promote and generate awareness of The W. Edwards Deming Institute® and its programs, services and events.
|Event Pricing:||Regular: $325 Early Bird: $275 Student: $225|
|Registration Deadlines:||Early Bird Registration ends: 09/09/13|
- Deming 101, Ian Bradbury, President, Peaker Services
- Disruptive Sustainability & Deming
- Disruptive Sustainability, Andrew McKeon, Founder and Principle of Business Climate
Visit Andrew McKeon's interview on Quality Digest Live
- Application of Deming's Principles to the Sustainability Challenge, Prof. John Sutherland, Head of Environmental and Ecological Engineering, Purdue University
- Investing in a Regenerative 'New Economy', John Fullerton, Founder/President of Capital Institute
- SIA's Zero - Landfill Strategy, Tom Easterday, Executive VP, Subaru of Indiana Automotive
- Sustainability as a National Imperative, Mark 'Puck' Mykleby, USMC Colonel (Ret.), Senior Fellow, New America Foundation & co-author of "A National Strategic Narrative"
- My Deming Journey, Randy Harward – former VP, Advanced Research & Development at Patagonia
- Remembering Dr. Deming, Nida Backaitis, Principal, Organizational Effectiveness Consultant Group, MITRE Corporation
- Sustainable Education, David Langford, President and CEO of Langford International, Inc. See David's work in action in the Deming Today™ section of our website.
- A Systems Approach to Sustainability, Tad Radzinski, Founder of Sustainable Solutions Corporation
- Panel: Application of Dr. Deming's Thinking for a Sustainable World, Andrew McKeon & Brian Joiner, Moderator: Dan Robertson
Friday 6:00pm - 9:00pm – Registration/Reception/Hors d'oeuvres Saturday 7:00am - 8:00am – Registration/Continental Breakfast 8:00am - 4:45pm – Conference 5:30pm - 8:30pm – Dinner/Speaker Sunday 7:00am - 8:00am – Registration/Continental Breakfast 8:00am - 1:30pm - ConferenceFor a more detailed schedule click here to download a PDF of the schedule